Crafting a Vinyl Rolled Bag Handle: A Step-by-Step Guide Without Rope or Tubing

Image
  Are you tired of the same old bag handles? Do you want to add a unique touch to your bag? Look no further! In this step-by-step guide, we'll show you how to craft a vinyl rolled bag handle without using rope or tubing. This DIY project is easy to follow and allows you to customize your bag handles to match your style.  Why Vinyl? Vinyl is a versatile material that is easy to work with and comes in a variety of colors and patterns. It is durable, water-resistant, and can be easily cleaned. Plus, it's a great way to add a pop of color or texture to your bag.  Step 1: Gather Your Materials Before you get started, make sure you have all the necessary materials. You'll need: - Vinyl fabric (you can find this at your local fabric store) - Scissors - Ruler - Marker - Pins - Sewing machine or needle and thread Step 2: Cut the Vinyl Start by cutting the vinyl fabric into a strip that is 4 inches wide and 36 inches long. You can adjust the length depending on how long you want your

10 Best Sewing Machines for Bag Making


sewing supplies
What to look for when choosing a sewing machine for bag making.

Choosing the right sewing machine for bag making is very important.
You should consider what type of materials you intend to work with when making your decision.

Things to consider before purchasing a sewing machine for bag making.


  • Example: Will you be making leather bags? 

If so you will need an industrial machine that is suitable for sewing leather. Whether it is a flatbed or
pinterest
Pin to your sewing board on Pinterest
a cylindrical machine, the motor power and speed of the machine and if you will need a speed reducer.

Click Best scrap busting ideas.
  • Another thing to consider is the stitches, for bag making you will mostly be using the straight stitch and maybe the zigzag stitch to secure fraying edges. So don't get carried away with the number of stitches available unless decorative stitching is apart of your aesthetics.
  • The size of the machine. Do you have enough space to accommodate a large sewing machine?
If you are a beginner at bag making I would recommend that you start with a heavy-duty sewing machine to sew through the thick layers and then upgrade to an industrial when you can afford to do so.

Where to buy it? 

Do your research and choose a reputable dealer that offers beginner training, sewing machine servicing and repairs.
If you are buying online I recommend Sewing machine plus for a wide array of sewing machines. Join their mailing list for coupons and promotions.


Update 2023

Choosing the right sewing machine for bag making is crucial to ensure that your projects turn out well-crafted and durable. Here are key factors to consider when selecting a sewing machine for bag making:

1. Heavy-Duty Capability:
   - Look for a sewing machine with heavy-duty capabilities, especially if you plan to work with thick fabrics or multiple layers. This is essential for sewing through the various materials often used in bag making, such as canvas, leather, or faux leather.

2. Stitch Options and Adjustability:
   - Ensure the machine offers a variety of stitches. Straight stitches are essential, but having options like zigzag, overlock, and topstitching can add versatility to your bag designs. Adjustable stitch length and width are also beneficial for different materials.

3. Walking Foot:
   - A walking foot, also known as an even feed foot, is valuable for even fabric feeding. This is particularly important when working with multiple layers or thicker materials, preventing uneven stitching and puckering.

4. Strong Motor:
   - A powerful motor ensures that the machine can handle heavy fabrics without strain. Look for a machine with a motor that has sufficient horsepower to sew through layers of fabric smoothly.

5. Needle Position and Down Feature:
   - Machines with the ability to control the needle position (up or down) are helpful for pivoting and turning corners. A needle down feature is especially useful, as it allows you to stop with the needle in the fabric, preventing the material from shifting.

6. Threading and Bobbin System:
   - Choose a machine with a user-friendly threading system. Automatic needle threading and a top-loading bobbin system can save time and frustration during the sewing process.

7. Free Arm Feature:
   - A free arm is beneficial for sewing cylindrical or small, circular items, such as bag handles or small pouches. This feature allows you to slide the fabric over the machine arm, making it easier to work on smaller, detailed projects.

8. Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment:
   - Adjustable presser foot pressure is important when working with different fabric thicknesses. Being able to customize the pressure ensures that the presser foot adequately grips the fabric without causing distortion.

9.Size and Weight:
   - Consider the size and weight of the sewing machine, especially if you have limited space or plan to attend sewing classes. Compact, portable machines are convenient for both home use and travel.

10.Budget and Brand Reputation:
   - Set a budget based on your needs and skill level. Research reputable brands known for producing reliable sewing machines. Reading reviews and seeking recommendations can help you make an informed decision.

By carefully evaluating these factors, you can find a sewing machine that meets your specific requirements for bag making, making the process more enjoyable and your creations more professional.

Comments

  1. I honestly don't know about sewing machines but I have always been curious to learn how to use them. My grandma had one and she used to create clothes for me. Sadly she is no longer here. this post brought back many good memories with her taking measurements and fixing the clothes for me. omg.... :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hola
      Sewing is a wonderful skill to learn the best part is making yourself whatever your heart desires at a fraction of what it cost in the store.
      Keep holding on to all the sweet memories of your grandmother.

      Delete
  2. I am honestly not a good with sewing machines but I am definitely linking it to my husband who love sewing. may be he will make something new for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lyosha,!
      I love how your mind works, that's a great idea.

      Delete
  3. I can not find the perfect travel bag. I know exactly what I want but it’s no where to be found. Never even considered I can make it myself until now. Not a super expensive machine and could make several to give away as gifts. Looks like I have a new project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri Anne,
      It makes me very happy to know that My post has inspired you to make your own travel bag. Good luck on your project. I would love to see what you make,tag me @zooliabags4 on Instagram.

      Delete
  4. One of the things on my to do list is to learn how to sew so I need to get a new sew machine. Thank you for sharing this list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping and I hope that you find the perfect machine for the job.

      Delete
  5. Such a great list ! I used to love to sew in high school! I would love to get another machine! This will be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess,
      I am happy to know that my post was helpful to you, good luck on finding your new best friend (sewing machine). Lol
      Please remember to subscribe for more good stuff and follow me on social media @ zoolliabags

      Delete
  6. Such a informative post. I wish I could sew, I went to a dress making class once but I was terrible at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, MemeandHarri
      I'm sorry to hear you didn't get on well with your dress making class. However, don't give up on learning to sew, we all learn in different ways maybe that class was not the right environment for you to learn.
      Start small and work your way up. Try following youtube tutorials and you can subscribe to creative bug or bluprint for awesome sewing classes by the best instructors. Good luck!

      Delete
  7. Wow what a cool sewing machine. I have a Singer sewing machine and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I as well have a singer sewing machine that I enjoy very much.

      Delete
  8. Very nice pot I like this one best sewing machine 2019 thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!. visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank a lot. You have done excellent job. I enjoyed your blog . Nice efforts best sewing machine for beginners making clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. for more detail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am happy to know that you found my blog useful.

      Delete
  12. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. https://belltestchamber.com/environmental-chamber/desktop-environmental-climatic-temperature-test-chamber/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. marine valve

    ReplyDelete
  14. The benchtop environmental chamber also call the small environmental chamber, it can test the temperature, thermal, etc, DGBell is the benchtop environmental chamber manufacturer. To know more information visit Benchtop thermal chamber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. jute bag price

    ReplyDelete
  16. Calfskin sewing machines are specific modern machines that are utilized for sewing together either cowhide, material, denim, covering's, vinyl, sunbrellas, or other exceptionally thick material. brother leather sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need someone to recommend the best product among those listed on this site?
    best quilting sewing machine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY FABRIC WALLET FOR WOMEN🔴PART # 1 | POP TO THE SHOP WALLET TUTORIAL

Scrap Busting Projects | 2019

DIY Bagmaking challenge for beginners